There are tons of girls who love spending hours and hours doing their hair and makeup every day, primping and preening to look their best. But sometimes, it’s just like, who has time for that stuff!? And who wants to fool with it? Or, are you like me and are too thrifty to spend all that money on a closet-full of stuff you don’t know what to do with? Here are a few tips...it’s as easy as 4,3,2,1!


4. Things You Need for a Flawless Face:

Eight-Hour Lipstick: You apply the lipstick, or Benjamin Moore paint, as I like to call it, and you’re set for the day. Just put it on and use the moisturizer throughout the day to keep your lips soft and shiny. Try Maybelline SuperStay Lipstick; usually around $8-9 in drugstores, though I found some at Trade Day (a sort-of flea market) brand new for a dollar, and sometimes you can find some at closeout stores like Big Lots.


Mineral Makeup: If your skin isn’t flawless, and you need this type of thing at all, invest in some mineral makeup. It’s easy to apply, lasts a long time, and is good for your skin. You might be torn between Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover, but Sheer Cover is half the price, and all the research I did seems to state that customers who had tried both were generally happier with Sheer Cover. I have SC, and I love it!


A Good Waterproof Mascara: Staying power is a biggie for the woman-on-the-go, and if you’re like me, you want to put on a few things at the beginning of the day and not have to worry. I’m addicted to my Almay Intense I-Color Mascara in Brown Topaz, because it’s safe for contacts. I was buying it at Wal-Mart for $7.50, but then I got lucky and found some at Big Lots for $1.25, so I bought a lot of it. Maybelline is always good for mascara, though.

A 3-in-1 Color: If you’re not someone who’s ready to spend hours in the bathroom applying eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick, then something like a 3-in-1 color is always good to have on hand. It’s especially handy when you’re in a hurry. Try: Neutragena Shimmer Sheers 3-in-1 for cheeks, eyes, and lips.
*Honorable mention: It’s always good to keep your eyebrows in shape if you don’t have time to get them waxed. Revlon makes the best tweezers you can get at the drug store, and they’re usually between $4-6 and stay sharp a long time.


3. Things You Need for Hot, Sexy Hair:

Texturizing Cream: This is a new discovery for me. I’m not someone who can spend forever curling and straightening my hair, and I can never figure out how to get the back of my head, anyway! When you get out of the shower, towel-dry your hair and run some texturizing cream through your hair. It’s supposed to make your hair thicker, but I have really thick hair already. I use some by Aro Pur my grandmother gave me, but try Garnier Fructis or Got2Be, generally around $3-4 at drugstores.Round Brush: With the texturizing cream, you can use a round brush to straighten out your hair, curl the ends under, or make your hair look wavy. The cream makes your hair mold like putty to what you want, and the round brush gives it shape. I like the ones made by Con-Air with the squishy handles, $4.Hurricane Hairspray: That is t
o say, the type of hairspray that could withstand a hurricane. Finish off with that, and you shouldn’t have to worry about your hair looking out of place, unless you’re going for that bedhead look, which that’s good for, too. I use some in a purple can by Jheri Redding, but Big Sexy Hair and Tigi also make a good ones.


2 Tips for Nice Looking Nails:

Don’t have the money or time for manicures, and hate the
chipped-off polish look? Here are a couple of things you can do to keep them looking nice and in shape:
A Multi-Sided Emory Board: There’s a seven-sided one you can get at most drug stores for under two bucks. It buffs, shapes, and shines your nail.
Clear Polish: Why even worry about the colored junk? I mean, it’s fine when you have the time, but when you don’t, there are still ways you can look neat and clean, and a shiny clear nail is pretty. I use Sally Hansen Diamond Shine. Sally Hansen also makes some that lasts for days without chipping. They stay generally between $2-4.



1 Tip for fail-safe outfit:

Jeans and Heels: Not sure whether a certain event really calls for you to be dressy or casual? A good pair of jeans and some nice heels with a fitted top look classy and sexy and can be worn out almost anytime.
*Honorable Mention: Earrings. If you’re not a jewelry person, a pair of dangly earrings are just the thing to make you look girly and pretty without being too blinged out!




Isabella


This entry was posted on 4:08 AM and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: